Children’s Services Learning Materials
TAFE SA in partnership with Central Institute of Technology offers members of the children's services sector access to high quality learning materials.
These resources can be used to deliver children’s services qualifications or assist in individual organisations for the professional development of staff.
About the Resources:
Our resources can be used to support training, assessment and delivery of children’s services qualifications including:
- CHC30712 - Certificate III in Children’s Services
- CHC3013 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC41212 - Certificate IV in Children’s Services (Out-of-School-Hours-Care)
- CHC51008 - Diploma of Out-of-School-Hours-Care
- CHC50908 - Diploma of Children’s Services (Early Childhood Education and Care)
- CHC5013 - Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care
Additionally, our resources can be used in early childhood and community services organisations to support the professional development of staff. Topics covered include:
- Child Development
- Child Protection
- Curriculum Development including the EYLF (Early Years Learning Framework)
- Guiding Children’s Behaviour
- Work Health and Safety (WHS)
- Writing and Interpreting Observations incorporating Learning Stories
Types of Resources:
Resources are available through TAFEshop as print based learner and assessment guides, CDs, DVDs and eBooks distributed via Apple iTunes and Amazon.
Features of our Learner Guides:
These materials are researched and developed by TAFE Facilitators/Lecturers with knowledge, skills and experience in early childhood education and care, vocational training, assessment and education. The materials are produced in consultation with instructional designers, professional writers and editors.
They are supported by an sector validation process to ensure a quality assurance.
- Case studies and scenarios contextualised to education and care settings.
- Reflection, research and options for responding to learning experiences.
- Recommended learning resources (eg other texts, web links, videos).
- Assessments reflecting training package requirements.
Please browse our Children’s Services categories for the most up-to-date information.
Alternatively "Like Us" on Facebook where release information is posted regularly.
Download Children Services - Product Catalogue as a PDF.
Who we are:
The WA SA Children Services Learning Materials Project was established in 2000 when TAFE South Australia and Central Institute of Technology in Western Australia commenced the development and production of learning materials. The materials are aligned with the National Children's Services Training Package in response to the training and development needs of the education and care profession.
- Quality assurance and integrity.
- Qualified, skilled, passionate and experienced writers.
- Customer care and support.
- Support for the training and development of quality education and care childhood practitioners.
- Inclusion of best practice and current research.